To leave a comment 
-> click on comments  below the post
-> click on leave a comment

Mar 3, 2009

Florida woman calls 911 three times over McDonald's Chicken McNugget shortage


Latreasa Goodman , who called 911 over her McNugget emergency

A woman in Florida has been ordered to appear in court after calling the police three times because a McDonald's restaurant had run out of Chicken McNuggets.


Latreasa Goodman, 27, purchased a 10-piece McNugget meal from a branch of the fast food chain in Fort Pierce on Feb 28, but was then told she would receive different items from the menu because McNuggets were out of stock. When she asked for her money back, she was told that that company policy was not to give refunds.

She told police who arrived at the restaurant: "This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one."

"I called 911 because I couldn't get a refund, and I wanted my McNuggets," she said, according to the Fort Pierce Police Department report.

She was charged with misusing the 911 emergency system.

Last month, another Florida resident called 911 over a perceived fast food foul-up.

Jean Fortune, 66, dialed 911 to complain that the Boynton Beach branch of Burger King was out of lemonade to go with his chicken combo meal.